Tonight, I stepped out of Border's feeling quite powerful--you see, I just bought my own copy of The Souls of Black Folks, and with the weather just cold enough to keep my senses open, I finally heard Radiohead's, All I Need. (Not as it relates to their valiant yet poor attempt to depict white privelage in their video.) The song's intro, a build-up, the calculated advance of a lover. The song progresses this way, picking up speed until the last 40 sec. of the track. It's like
being f-cked, and not being able to think--just crave, thirst, and need in a desperate, but beautiful way. All at once you cross over into this grey area of something feral and something tame. One threatening to surrender, while the other is threatening to escape. And once you get "it" whatever your "it" may be, it is all you need. However, does this satisfaction mean that your senses won't go searching for it again? For me it doesn't. And Yorke manifests this same feelings in his vocals. In short peeps, it's a dope track. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. I'm a Radiohead junkie that's addicted to "enough. "
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment